Acer PREDATOR G3-710-008 Boot problem

coberror
coberror Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi, i'm new in the forum beacouse i bought a Acer PREDATOR G3-710-008 2 weeks ago. 12h later, it was impossible to launch the computer, i had this message "Reboot and select proper boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected boot device and press any key"

The shop where i bought this computer gave me a new one, the same model, and after 4 days of gaming, i had the same message...

I checked the BIOS and the Hard disk displayed.

Thanks for the help

(Sorry for my english i'm french, i hope you understand)

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

check if the first bootable device is windows boot manager and BIOS is set to UEFI/EFI

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Goodwinage
    Goodwinage Member Posts: 3 New User
    Did you get a fix for this as I purchased one a week ago also and it did the same and just swapped or another one and am having the same issue again is bios it is not recognising the ssd as a boot option
  • Inameisliam
    Inameisliam Member Posts: 3 New User
    I also have had the same problem as the two others that posted. Bought the computer and within the first 24 hours it was stuck on this screen, returned it got a new one and a week later it's doing the SAME thing. Bumping this post to bring it to someone's attention hopefully.
  • Alva
    Alva Member Posts: 2 New User

I had the same problem I bought the gtx 1070 32bg 256ssd 1tbhdd i7 7gen From costco

had it for 10 days and got that error returned it to costco for another 5 days later same thing returned it for my money back it's a shame because I can't find a pc for that price anywhere with those specs and if I spend that on a pc build I'll spend about the same and won't be able to return it as easy if I run into problems 

• Goodwinage

hey guys found a fix that worked for me

the bios is out of date so you need to do and update your bios and then it also has in bios the the pci slots are disabled these need to be enabled as the ssd is a pci style drive, hope this helps for you as acer had no idea what to do other than continually factory reset or return units which was never going to work as im assuming all of their units made recently are out of date.

• Inameisliam
    Thank you so much for posting about how you were able to fix it. Is there any way you could provide a more in depth way of doing that ?? I'm not computer a savvy at all ):
  • Goodwinage

i had a mate helping the whole time and im not that savy either but what youll need to do it ring acer and get the instructions to do a full factory reset, once thats done and you can get it restarted and it is working then youll need to get online and download the update for the bios sorry i dont have all the details but acer should e able to give you the bios versions numbers and stuff once its downloaded youll have to unzip the folder and install the update and it will restart and hopefully should be good to go.

• Jose-Acer
    Jose-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,338 Community Administrator

Hello All,

I'm sorry that you're having issues with booting your Predator G3 desktops.  We released a BIOS update to fix this problem on 2017/04/07, version R02.A2.  Please visit our Drivers & Manuals page to download and install this BIOS update.  The EFI Flash instructions are included in the Appendix folder.

Thanks,
    Acer-Jose

• smithsfanaz
    smithsfanaz Member Posts: 3 New User

I am on my second G-3, too. After this happened the first time, I took it back and got a new one. This second one worked for about a week.

I have followed the instructions from Acer, downloaded everything, set the bios up per the instructions, but I can't even get the Boot Menu to load. I still receive the same "Reboot and Select proper Boot Device" error message. I have tried changing different settings in the bios, but no help. I even tried using different USB sticks. Didn't help either. 

I think I am just going to have to take this one back. 

• IronFly

i asked further instructions on how flash BIOS under EFI, still waiting.

i don't have this model but you can try one thing:

https://rufus.akeo.ie/?locale=en_US

download Rufus, plug your USB flash drive and set as GPT partition scheme for UEFI BIOS, FAT32 format and untick "create a bootable disk..."

run it and once done, copy the needed folder/files on the USB flash drive and check if you are able to have the USB flash drive recognised to flash BIOS.

• smithsfanaz

IronFLY, 

Thanks for the help, but it didn't work. It won't boot from the USB after installing Rufus. I'm just going to return the computer. 

• Inameisliam
    Smithsfanaz, I spent a whole day trying to do it myself but I just don't know enough about that kind of stuff to try and fix it. So I took it to one of the computer repair places in my city and they were able to flash the bios for me. If it's not too late I recommend trying that! Smiley Happy
  • smithsfanaz

Thanks Inameisliam.

At this point, I think there is something wrong either with the SSD or the Bios. I physically flashed the bios this morning, resetting it to factory default, and it didn't show the SSD as one of the drives. The computer is still under warranty and within the return time, so I am doing that. I save all my personally stuff on a separate hard drive, so I didn't lose anything. The rest of my files are in a cloud of some sort. 

• IronFly

Acer released new instructions on how to flash G6/G3-710 under EFI enviroment (so by passing the needed of windows OS):

https://us.answers.acer.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/47093#_ga=2.210951069.949315635.1495180387-18205942.1486127738