unwanted packard bell

charlotte9611
charlotte9611 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi guys, i recently took my acer laptop into pc world/knowhow and asked them to do a factory reset onto it just to start on a clean slate, instead they replaced the harddrive (which is fine) but instead of putting my original acer software back on with the arcade deluxe cinema software they put on packard bell which i cant work with, is there any help you can give me as i'd prefer not to give it back to knowhow to fix as i've had multiple problems with them. (if i have to use them its fine as a last resort)

Thanks Smiley Happy

Answers

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Welcome aboard, Charlotte.

I found out what Know How is (it's a computer franchise in Great Britain). Now I need some clarification.

1) Can you give us the full model number of your Acer laptop?

2) Did they put in an entire Packard Bell suite, or did they just install one piece of Packard Bell software?

3) Is the new hard drive identical to the one they replaced?

4) How well is it working?

• charlotte9611
    charlotte9611 Member Posts: 3 New User

hi, yes its working fine and it has the packard bell gamezone, console, dvd player, mybackup etc etc so i suppose its the full suite as it opens up with the red packard bell homescreen instead of acer when i sign on, and by model number do you mean aspire 5542? i used to have crystal eye webscam and now i have a complete new webcam software and im also missing acer arcade deluxe. Im not very good with computers so sorry if i havent given you the correct info! Smiley Happy

thanks, its good to know someones helping haha!

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Charlotte, I have never heard of anything like this, so I can only give my best opinion.

Know How didn't know how to install an identical hard drive with your original operating system, but they know how to make a profit. If you ask for an explanation, they are going to give you some complicated story that might even be true, but you won't be able to understand them.

If it were me, I would shrug it off as long as the laptop works well.

This discussion has been closed.