unable to load

rajaram
rajaram Member Posts: 4 New User
I have got acer TravelMate P253-E. since last restart it is unable to load windows 8. whenever I start it says"preparing disk recovery" and after "do not turn off the device this might take more then hour" and goes on like this forever. I left it one whole night but was still the same.
could you help me plz 

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Did you install anything or have an update before you rebooted? If so you need to boot into safe mode, hold shift key and tap F8 repeatedly at power on, uninstall new installed item. 

• rajaram
    Yah, i update my windows operating system but it was working perfectly for couple of time as well and all of sudden it happen. Holding shift and F8 key didnot work as well. I have tried this before too but I could not figure out how to get safe mode option..
  • BearPaw
    BearPaw Member Posts: 69 Troubleshooter

On my unit a PC Refresh is F12. Have you tried doing it that way?

• rajaram
    I did that too. Only pressing shift and F2 gives me option for utility setup like security, boot but doesnot give me option to run my Pc in safe mode. Is there any thing that i can do from this utility setup??
  • BearPaw
    BearPaw Member Posts: 69 Troubleshooter

If you are able to get the PC to go into Safe Mode, I would take a look at this article :

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/windows/3443387/how-use-system-restore-in-windows-8/

It looks promising. If you can access a basic desktop in standard resolution that is. 

I believe from  the Win 8 Start Tile menu you can type in the words "System Restore" and it will launch it that way as well. 

• rajaram
    It is indeed but i could not figure out to get my PC into safemode in this situstion. Its so frustrating????
This discussion has been closed.