replace hard drive on an acer aspire v5-571p-6400

2»

Answers

• bill14
    bill14 Member Posts: 13 New User

try manualslib.com for a 571P service and repair manual

• VBTech
    VBTech Member Posts: 2 New User

It is no more difficult to pull apart then any other laptop without a HDD easy access cover. You have to Remove:

The battery

All the screws from the bottom of the laptop "all the same size"

The keyboard with a small percision flat head  starting at the top and gently prying the keyboard forward and up to pull the clips

All the screws under the keyboard

and finally the cables for power button, keyboard, keyboard lights, and mouse pad.

Lift the top peice of the laptop and there you go

• windechavez
    windechavez Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an aspire v5-571-6499.  I purchased it in Dec 2012.  The hard drive had problems from the get go...although I attributted it to me getting used to Windows 8 OS.  

Now, 9 1/2 months later... after rebooting it twice and having error messages stating that the windows updater was corrupted... it finally died.  Acer has replaced my hard drive, I received it today with the recovery disks.  

[edited to comply with guidelines]

Best, Winde

• mynamegoeshere
    mynamegoeshere Member Posts: 1 New User

I just replaced mine for a SSD drive and it was relatively simple. The trick part is that you have to remove the keyboard first, there are several screws on the top cover below the keyboard that hold the bottom even after you remove all the bottom screws. The keyboard is easy to remove, it is a snap-in panel, just have to insert a very thin prying flat tool and lift around the edges carefully. There are two flat ribbon connectors that can be detached and the keyboard comes out completelly, then remove the screws and disconect one more ribbon cable that is bridging the bottom to the top.

The bottom cover then comes off easily and you can service anything, without damage. You do not need to remove the RAM or the battery as suggested elswhere, you don't have to force pry anything either, yes lots of screws (about 30 in total) but you end up with 3 parts. 1. Bottom cover with circuits and motehrboard 2. Top Cover with other circuits, screen and touch pad  3. Keyboard by itself. The hard drive is fits neatly nested in a space on the bottom cover and easily removed.       

This discussion has been closed.