persistent laptop problems

JoanneMiller
JoanneMiller Member Posts: 1 New User
Hello

I’m looking for any advice as I’m rapidly losing the will to live with my Acer Aspire E1-532 (running Windows 8.1).

For a couple of months it’s been throwing up problems like – not shutting down properly, not starting up properly, running Automatic Repair, blue screen, Bad Pool Caller error, spontaneous Refresh.  At its worst it goes into a full reset (taking 4 hours) and sometimes wipes everything, all documents, programmes I’ve downloaded, customisation etc.

Obviously I got onto the Acer repair service (it’s only 8 months old so I’m still within my one year warranty) – and I told them all this, followed their instructions to do a factory reset, still had the problems.  And it’s been back to them twice, and it’s just gone into a Reset again.

What’s the best approach to deal with this? do I really have to just keep sending it back and hoping one time they actually fix it? or is there someone ‘higher up’ in Acer who could pull the right strings? Any advice appreciated.  I really don’t want to just dump it in the bin, as I’ve had Acers for years and really liked them!

Thanks for reading!

Answers

• Clyde
    Clyde Member, Knowledge Author Posts: 420 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

What programs are you loading on the computer?

What did Acer do to the computer when you sent it to them for repair?

This discussion has been closed.