my touchpad has stop working

zaitul2927
zaitul2927 Member Posts: 14 New User

hi. I'm Zaitul and i have Aspire E 15 . the touchpad suddenly stop working and the cursor does not even appear when i touch the touchpad. my laptop still can be operated as i can use external mouse. but, the touchpad is one of the important component for certain situations.  what should i do?

Best Answer

• boris_s
    boris_s Member Posts: 2 New User
    Answer ✓

I had the same problem happen to me just yesterday. I ran windows update and it showed optional updates to install. One of them was the "Intel Serial IO I2C ES Controller Driver", which I clicked to update. It installed and required a reboot. Upon reboot, I noticed that the mouse cursor was gone during login, and after that the touchpad was totally unresponsive. I tried to disable/enable the touchpad using FN+F7, but that didn't work. Fortunately I had a regular USB mouse I plugged in, which worked. Opening the Control Panel, Device Manager, it showed the System devices/I2C Controller with a yellow triangle next to it (showing that the driver failed to run). I had selected to rollback the driver to the prior version, and the touchpad started to work immediately. I suspect you may be having the same problem.

To Fix:

1. Open Control Panel.

2. Select and open Device Manager.

3. Locate I2C Controller within System Devices.

4. Double click on I2C Controller.

5. Select Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver button.

6. Your touchpad should start working again.

7. Close Device Manager.

8. Close Control Panel.

I'd like to see Acer's response to this issue and their suggestion since I suspect that in the following days there will be a fairly large percentage of Acer laptop users running into the same issue.

Answers

• boris_s
    boris_s Member Posts: 2 New User
    Answer ✓

I had the same problem happen to me just yesterday. I ran windows update and it showed optional updates to install. One of them was the "Intel Serial IO I2C ES Controller Driver", which I clicked to update. It installed and required a reboot. Upon reboot, I noticed that the mouse cursor was gone during login, and after that the touchpad was totally unresponsive. I tried to disable/enable the touchpad using FN+F7, but that didn't work. Fortunately I had a regular USB mouse I plugged in, which worked. Opening the Control Panel, Device Manager, it showed the System devices/I2C Controller with a yellow triangle next to it (showing that the driver failed to run). I had selected to rollback the driver to the prior version, and the touchpad started to work immediately. I suspect you may be having the same problem.

To Fix:

1. Open Control Panel.

2. Select and open Device Manager.

3. Locate I2C Controller within System Devices.

4. Double click on I2C Controller.

5. Select Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver button.

6. Your touchpad should start working again.

7. Close Device Manager.

8. Close Control Panel.

I'd like to see Acer's response to this issue and their suggestion since I suspect that in the following days there will be a fairly large percentage of Acer laptop users running into the same issue.

• zaitul2927
    zaitul2927 Member Posts: 14 New User

thank you for replying my message. my problem had been solved as I installed the touchpad driver in my laptop. i'll just save your answer as other solution for this problem.btw,i would like to know if your solution still works on my laptop as it is used AMD as processor.