my internal microphone is not working

KenM
KenM Member Posts: 4 New User

I can't get my internal microphone to work..   is there a solution?  Can anyone help?

Best Answer

• KenM
    Answer ✓

Tx for the assistance.  Still don't have a working microphone..  I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the sound card software from the RealTek web site and nothing has changed..   If there is anymore help out there, I would appreciate it.

Answers

• MartinF
    MartinF Member Posts: 51 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Hi

What model is your laptop?

If you go to Control Panel, Hardware and Sound, then Sound, then the Recording tab.. does the green bar for the Microphone move when you tap the mic or speak?

If so, it is working. You can't hear it yourself through your speakers.. unless you go in to the Microphone properties, then to the Listen tab and check 'Listen to this device'.

• KenM

Hi..  Tx for reply..   Model is Aspire 4720Z

I've tried all the checks , but it's not recognizing my internal microphone.   There is an internal microphone, isn't there??

• MartinF
    MartinF Member Posts: 51 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Hi

Yep it does. Did it used to work OK? Could be an issue with the Mic itself.

Maybe a job for the Repair Center.. or you could buy a Headset with a Mic.. these tend to be better for Skype calling etc anyway.

• KenM

Yes it did work at one time..  haven't had to use it for a while..  now wandering what happened..

Software issue??  My computer is just not recognizing it..  It"s driving me crazy!!!

• KenM
    Answer ✓

Tx for the assistance.  Still don't have a working microphone..  I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the sound card software from the RealTek web site and nothing has changed..   If there is anymore help out there, I would appreciate it.

This discussion has been closed.