Notebooks & Netbooks

Topic

Frequent Visitor
v5user

Re: my acer Aspire v5 (touch screen) has a wifi problem

My V5 also have the same problem~
Some told me to uninstall the wifi driver and install the one offered in the acer website.

but my version is 11.sumtng.... and the one offered is 10.0.0sumtng~

so.... should i uninstall mine and install the other one? @@

Frequent Visitor
v5-i5_user

I was having the same problem. Like I said was. I purchased mine yesterday. All last night and for the better part of today, I was getting to know my new Acer Aspire v5 with i5 processor. I was connected to my wifi the entire time. With no problem, I was able to surf the internet.

So, I decided to connect my Windows 8 phone to my new Windows 8 laptop via Bluetooth. Fifteen minutes later I started having wifi drops. When I realized that my Bluetooth was the problem (about 5 hours later), I had turned off my Bluetooth on my laptop and no more wifi drops.

I said that to say this, there's must be a conflict with the wifi and Bluetooth drivers, and that's what causing the wifi drops.

I hope this works for you.

Regular Visitor
entahapa

I also have the same problem with my 1month old V5. And I can see so many V5 & V3 have the same problem. How come Acer didn't detect this problem? And why Acer didn't reply & solved this problem. Some of the user are not IT savvy. WHAT A BAD EXPERIENCE TO ME AS ACER LONG TIME CUSTOMER...!!!

Regular Visitor
entahapa

Acer supposed aware of this problem. And the should solve this problem & advise the customer!!! Not all customers are IT savvy!

Contributing Member
JYNg

UPDATE: I've updated my driver from the original 10.0.0.209 to the 10.0.0.217 provided on the Acer website. This solves the dropping wifi issue, but introduced yet another problem: occasionally the wifi driver will refuse to work. the laptop will failto detect wifi, only stating it's status as 'network is available'. But when you click on the wifi icon, nothing will happen. Restarting the laptop promptly solves the issue.

I'm not complaining much seeing how this is a vast improvement compared to my previous situation (wifi dropping every 30 minutes or so). But preferably, I would have prefered if it works perfectly without me having to restart my laptop every now and then.

Frequent Visitor
Roger

Re: my acer Aspire v5 (touch screen) Screen jumping

If multiple screens are opened, and if I about to type on the keyboard, the screen jumps from one to another occasionally. It happens if your fingers are close to mouse pad.

Contributing Member
JYNg

@Roger,

this thread is about wifi issues, somehow your post about screen jumping ended up here.

Anyway, in response to your screen jumping issue, it's a feature of Windows 8. It's similar to swiping from the left border of your screen, which allows you to switch between apps rapidly. 

I'm not aware of any solution to it. Just try and get used to avoiding the touchpad while typing.

r1
Regular Visitor
r1

is there no answer yet i am going to go further with this its not acceptable to pay money for a service they know is not going to work just a rip

r1
Regular Visitor
r1

[ Edited ]

can not stay connected for more then 5 minutes come on acer

Frequent Visitor
dgullivers

The problem with dropping connections in Aspire V5 touchscreen windows 8 has finally been resolved. I used to have this problem and I went to the Aspire website to install the latest driver as at 18th March, 2013. I never expeperience the problem since I intalled this driver.

The point is that drivers are specific to your Acer Aspire model. The one for my V5-571P is:

Wireless LANAtherosWireless LAN Driver10.0.0.225226.3 MB

2013/03/18

Did you know? Acer Community is also available in the following languages: