how do i restore my acer aspire one

jprice
jprice Member Posts: 8 New User
I tried restarting my laptop & pressing. ALT & the F1 key and my pc still continues. To boot up. is there another way I can restore it?

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

hi...

You can use Acer Recovery Management to reinstall your Operating System from a hidden partition built into your computer.

During the process, all data stored on your computer will be overwritten. This means all your files, such as email and photos, will be erased. Therefore, we recommend making a backup of all personal data before starting the recoveryprocess..

Use the following steps to start the system recovery:

1. Restart the computer.
    2. When the Acer logo appears on the screen, press the left Alt, and the F10 keys.
    3. If you are prompted with a Microsoft Windows boot screen, press the Enter key.
    4. After the Acer eRecovery Management application has loaded, select your restore type.
    5. Read the notice, and then click Next when you are ready.
    6. Click Next to begin the restore process. The restore can take anywhere from 10 minutes up to an hour.

Once the restore is complete your computer will load Windows and start installing your drivers and software. Your computer may reboot several times during this process. After everything is complete your computer will be like it was when you first purchased it.

This discussion has been closed.