headphone jack not working on Acer aspire V3-571G

Gazjuk
Gazjuk Member Posts: 2 New User

I have recently purchased my Acer Aspire V3-571G laptop and today I have come to use my headphones in the laptop but they are not working. I have tried a number of different sets of headphones and still got the same problem.

In the past when headphones have not been working in previous laptops the sound doesnt come out of the built in speakers even though the headphones are not working. This time the sound is still coming out of the speakers while the headphones are connected.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Tabbiekatz
    Tabbiekatz Member Posts: 760 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Check your sound drivers first. See if there is an option to switch on those headphones. Let us know what you find.

• Gazjuk
    Gazjuk Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you for the reply.

Restarted the laptop last night and is working fine again this morning.

• Leaf
    Leaf Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello, for me it's the same; it doesn't react when I plug in the headphones, I have a Aspire V3-571-6850 and have tried  uninstalling the audio drivers, re-installing them from the Acer website multiple times.  Still doesn't work.  There is no option to switch on the headphones, they don't appear at all, just the microphone, speakers and the Stereo mix.

• Fons
    Fons Member Posts: 1 New User

Just bought the Acer Aspire E1-532 and have a similar problem. Headphone work correct, but the speakers do not switch off when I plug them in. What to do?

• pttoad
    pttoad Member Posts: 1 New User

Hey just go to the realtek website and download the latest driver from them. It does not include the embeded driver for dobly V4 but who cares if your driver is not working properly anyway. That driver will work fine trust me. Oh thanks Acer for not fixing a darn thing and not responding to your customers on this issue. I promise I will never buy a computer from you again! I suggest the rest of you do the same!

This discussion has been closed.