eRecovery Management not working! Help'

AlperenDK
AlperenDK Member Posts: 7 New User

Hey, i tried to watch videos on youtube and saw that "ACER" channel with the eRecovery management Tutorial i tried it it wont work "ALT + F10" In startup does'nt work it just startup normal ? what to do? i tried it many times like 10 times is it something i need to download? have all Acer Notebooks the eRecovery program?

-NoteBook: Acer Aspire 6920G

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder

Hi AlperenDK

Boot into BIOS by pressing F2 when you see the Acer logo, and check to see if the D2D Recovery option is enabled. You will usually find this in the "Main" tab of the BIOS, but as BIOSes can vary, you may need to look a little further.

If it is not enabled, enable it and press F10 to save & exit. When you see the Acer logo, Hold ALT & tap F10. The eRecovery program should now work.

Alternatively, from inside Windows:

Start>All Programs>Acer>Acer eRecovery Management

will do the same thing. Just remember to BACK UP ALL DATA BEFOREHAND, else you may lose all your documents etc!

• AlperenDK
    I will try it but i dont have any Documents i need so i dont need to backup i just need an' Browser to download programs something like that do i have Standard Programs Like MovieMaker Internet Explorer
  • AlperenDK
    And i dont have the ACER file inside Windows or cant find it
  • finlux
    Ok, try the ALT & F10 method, and let us know how you get on!
  • AlperenDK
    It will not open the eRecovery it is something All Acer Have? Inside or something u need to buy? And Alt-F10 wont work
  • finlux

Is the hard drive the original one or has it been replaced? If it is a replacement hard drive, then it will not have the recovery partition on it.

The only thing you can do is to buy recovery disks directly from Acer support for your region. This will allow you to restore your laptop to factory condition.

• AlperenDK
    I buyed from a friend how can i know if its the Original? Driver?
  • finlux
    The way to find out is to boot Windows and look in disk management to see if the revovery partition is there. You can also use a boot disk to check the partitions.

But from what you are saying, I don't think your recovery partition is there. You could always ask the friend you bought it from.

I think the recovery disk may well be your only option!
  • AlperenDK

Ty for helping me and answer so quick! but i asked its the Orginal Hard driver i did like this when i saw the Acer Logo "startup" then i Hold ALT and Press F10 nothing happen't how long do i need to Hold ALT? i think i do something wrong and F10 i only press 1 time

• finlux
    Ok, have another go of ALT & F10, hold down ALT, and continually tap F10.
  • AlperenDK
    It wont work buddy Smiley Sad are There any other way to re store without Paying
  • finlux

Is it Windows 7 ?

If so, download the EXACT same version (E.G. Home Premium x64 - 64 bit) from here and burn it to a blank DVD. Next, go to Acer support for your region, click on "Drivers & Manuals" and enter the model of your laptop. Download & save all drivers & applications to a external drive or burn them to another disk.

Boot from the Windows disk you made and install Windows. Use the product key that is on the base of your laptop. When finished, install the relevant drivers & applications, all your documents (from a previously made backup) and your Anti-Virus/malware and programs. You will also need to activate Windows. When done, you're good to go!

However, if it isn't Windows 7, you will need to purchase a new disk and install from that.

This discussion has been closed.