downgrade win 7 Ultimate to original win 7 Home Premium

nrgy
nrgy Member Posts: 2 New User

I upgraded my Aspire 5740G-5323 to win7 Ultimate, apparently with a hack, and the system abended so didn't think anything had happened until I rebooted the system.  It booted up with Win7 Ultimate.  Two weeks later I started getting messages about an illegal version of Win7 Ultimate.  I had already purchased a key from MS for Win7 Pro.  I want to downgrade to Win7 Pro, but it looks very messy.  Does anyone have a clean solution?

Cheers,

Gerry

Best Answer

• nrgy
    Answer ✓

Problem solved.  Backup your system, turn off or delete any anti virus software, disconnect wi-fi, run windows upgrade software, enter your purchased product key. At this point the upgrade will appear to crash - it has not, restart your system from the start button and you should be good to go.  This took a few hours to figure out.  If you have any questions send an email.

cheers

Answers

• nrgy
    Answer ✓

Problem solved.  Backup your system, turn off or delete any anti virus software, disconnect wi-fi, run windows upgrade software, enter your purchased product key. At this point the upgrade will appear to crash - it has not, restart your system from the start button and you should be good to go.  This took a few hours to figure out.  If you have any questions send an email.

cheers

This discussion has been closed.