aoa 110 black screen after bios update

indylana
indylana Member Posts: 5 New User

I woke up to my notebook aoa110 with a black screen after bios update from acer. I have done this update before with no problem on an identical acer notebook. It now just sits with the power light solid or blinking if i try to flash the bios again. Is is dead for good or have I messed up the bios for good? I have tried everything I know how to fix it.

Thanks in advane as I am brand new here.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,463 Trailblazer

Simple question first. Did you try to F5/F6 video toggles?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• indylana

Just tried and its just a sitting there with a solid green power light on and nothing else. TY for the suggestion though. I much appreciate it. I was afraid to ask/post  as one of the mods was not nice at all as I am new and apparantly didnt ask in the right place. TY for aking your time to try to help me with this.

• JackE

OK. Next simplest thing. Get either an HDMI or VGA cable at Home Depot, Lowes or Radio Shack and connect to a TV or monitor, again trying the F5/F6 toggles to see if your video adapter is still alive or if you even booted into the OS.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• indylana

Okay hooked up the VGA. Toggled f5 f6 and still nothing. I can hear the fan and still solid green light on power but nada other than that.

• indylana

Not in the OS at all. I do believe it got thrown into something I cannot fix from the BIOS flash. It was fine before that. I can plug in the USB with latest BIOS fla**bleep** and renamed .fd file and as soon as i hit fm esc and kick it on the USB flashes a brief second then power flashes steady green. I let it go for 12 hours to make sure i didnt interuppt the bios fash and now all it does is fan works and power stays on.

• JackE

How about trying to go back and flash with the previous version?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• indylana
    I tried that also. I used two seperate usb flash drives and kept the original vetsion on the off chance this happened. Upon using fn esc and turning on it briefly flashes the usb then blinks but goes no further. I let it run untouched for 12 hours blinking but nothing. I then removed the fkash drive and shut it down with holding in power button. Upon restart it sits with fan running quietly and a solid green power indicator. It seems it cannot recognize the usb at all. Both usb with old and new versions made no difference. This notebook has only three usb ports and vga. When the mod from acer scolded me he said that if it wont boot up it will need service yet i know how to change the bios inside if need be. Am trying to avoid thst since its old. These little notebooks come with no disks as I have a external cd/dvd drive i could use if i had a recovery disk or xp disk that may force it to open os. Yet if the bios is messed up i know that it cant run anything now. You are so kind. Ty!
  • JackE

Have you tried to unplug bios battery?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

This discussion has been closed.