acer r3-471t wont come out of sleep when lid is opened.

MAguln8839
MAguln8839 Member Posts: 3 New User

i have a new Acer r3-471t (aspire r14) with the system setting to go to sleep when the lid is closed. This does work correctly, However, when I open the lid and press a key on the keypad, the system does not wake up. The only way to wake it up is to press the power button. When the power button is pressed, it does wake up out of sleep, but i would like it to wake up if i open the lid...or at least press a key on the keyboard. I do have it set to let the keyboard and mouse wake the system up. If i leave the lid open and let the system go to sleep by itself, a press of the keybord does wake it, but if the lid is closed the only way to wake it is with the power button. Does anyone else have one of these systems that works with openeing

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator

Hi MAguln,

I tested this on our R14 and the lid opening did bring the device back from sleep. I would make sure you don't have it trying to sleep, hybernate and shut the HDD all at the same time. Maybe create a new Power Management profile, reset it to defaults, and set sleep to 1 minute and close on lid and see if it acts any differently. Other than that, it could be a bit of OS corruption that could be corrected with a OS reload.

Cory