acer aspire es1-511-c665

sutherantear
sutherantear Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

I have a acer aspire es1-511-c665 lap top with windows 8.1 on the right side of the lap top has a cover panel that goes for the dummy cd/dvd rom drive bay.  can i remove this cover and open up the acer to install an internal cd/dvd player from my toshiba satlight lap top that has windows vista and if I can install the player from the toshiba what other hard ware or drivers will i need to do this.

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

You may install the optical drive with below mentioned specification.

PANASONIC
    Super-Multi DRIVE PANASONIC Super-Multi DRIVE 9.0mm Tray 8X UJ8E2QBAA2-B LF+HF W/O bezel SATA M-Disc
    Part number : KO.00807.016

LG HK
    Super-Multi DRIVE HLDS Super- Multi DRIVE 9.0mm Tray 8X GUA0N LF+HF W/O bezel SATA M-Disc
    Part number : KO.0080D.014

If needed you may use

ODD BEZEL   part number : 42.MMLN2.001

ODD BRACKET    part number   33.MMLN2.002

Since the CD drive is a plug and play device you do not need and driver or software.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

You may install the optical drive with below mentioned specification.

PANASONIC
    Super-Multi DRIVE PANASONIC Super-Multi DRIVE 9.0mm Tray 8X UJ8E2QBAA2-B LF+HF W/O bezel SATA M-Disc
    Part number : KO.00807.016

LG HK
    Super-Multi DRIVE HLDS Super- Multi DRIVE 9.0mm Tray 8X GUA0N LF+HF W/O bezel SATA M-Disc
    Part number : KO.0080D.014

If needed you may use

ODD BEZEL   part number : 42.MMLN2.001

ODD BRACKET    part number   33.MMLN2.002

Since the CD drive is a plug and play device you do not need and driver or software.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.