VN7-791G /black edition

mthsn
mthsn Member Posts: 9 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

There is only 1 AUDIO/REC JACK!? Smiley Surprised
So now i need to buy a USB headset w/ mic! 

problem:
When i plug in my headset i used to get a window where it asked me what i put in.
but now i dont do it anymore. And i try to get it back. Cause somehow it overdrives all the MIC's so i can record anything. no matter what i try. I've reinstalled Realtek Audio Driver. Other than that im clueless what to do. 

nothing works:
*windows recorder

-I've tried different hardware/software settings no results.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Plug your earphones/mic in and put them on. Go to Start>Control Panel>Sound. Click the Recording tab. Your earphones' mic should be listed. (If the microphone isn't in the list, see "NOTE" below.) Click on it once to highlight it. Next, click on the Set Default button.

• mthsn

ty for answering.

only option is realtek speakers(no other hidden).
    only rec option is microphone (Realtek high def audio, default service)  or stereo mix (realtek high def audio)

Microphone is default. 
    Still cant record, cant skype, cant teamspeak.
    No popup when plugging in the headphones.

Regular Sony Headphones 

second post:
    Tested again with a Zalman mic.
    I still get no notification of detection new audiodevice

(cant unmark your solutionpost -.- misclicked )

Thirdpost:
    the recording works when audiojack is not connected to anything.

• Hi,

Do you get sound when you connect headphones with or without mic. If no then it's most likely the port issue. Better suggested to call Acer.
  • mthsn
    Ty for answer.
    Only thing that works in the 3,5 audiojack is the headset (its the last thing i checked in the notificationpopup that ask what you when something gets jacked in.)

The laptopmic works without Anything jacked.
    If i connect headset( i dont have a headset w mic) i can hear sound, but the mic on the laptop doesnt.

If i connect a zalman mic i cant record (or ofc hesr anything.

In other words it feels like i need that stupid popup thing to come back so i can set the settings on what i plug in. Otherwise mic will never work.

• mthsn

Funny, i bought a Steelseries Siberia V2.
    And whenever i speak i get robotic disturbance on anything the mic picks up. 
    If i have ACG clicked on it goes completely nuts and feedbacks everything.

This is without the ACG. 
    https://soundcloud.com/mthsn/untitled-4

Realtek Soundcard up to date
    Steelseries driver up to date.

:/

Still havent got the 3.5 jack to work.
    As it doesnt ask me what i put in the jack, it only recognizes/works with a headset.

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

My Acer is AMD so I can't try this stuff. Is there an option to uninstall just the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver or have you already tried this?