USB restarting on my MX518 mouse?

Options
TonyMcPants
TonyMcPants Member Posts: 9 New User

hello forum, im having a usb problem, i have a acer aspire 5553G with dual gfx cards, i use a mx518 with set point installed but recently my mouse keeps hanging while surfing i dont game on this laptop so no idea if it would there to i expect it would be worse, i have tried driver scans to see if im on old drivers had a look around google but either my searching is ***** or i cant find a solution that works, the problem is sporadic hangs for a sec sometimes others i hear the didum and dedum dis n reconnect most time the mouse coming back to life on its own sometimes i have to unplug and reslot, yes i have tried all ports (4) does anyone have any ideas? thanks for reading ow on win 7 64 bit btw Smiley Happy 

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options
    You may try refreshing the USB driver.
    Disconnect the USB mouse,   Click Start  and then type Device Manager into the Search field.
    Double-click Universal Serial Bus Controllers to expand the list. Right-click the first USB Root Hub in the list and then select Uninstall.  Continue uninstalling all USB Root Hubs listed. Close Device Manager and restart the computer. Reconnect the USB device that was having problems and test it to see if it works.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.png to say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• TonyMcPants
    TonyMcPants Member Posts: 9 New User
    Options

i have 7 usb Root Hubs uninstalled all of them rebooted and added my webcam and mx518 and still the problem continues, any other suggestions?