USB Hub Problem?

anwar106
anwar106 Member Posts: 6 New User

I Have an Aspire V3-571G Laptop which I use for gaming alot, and I've downloaded this game "Rocksmith 2014" so i can play it using this laptop. The game is suppose to teach you how to play guitar using a cable which has at one end a usb and it the other end a guitar jack. The problem is when starting the game the laptop doesn't detect the cable. When i go to Devices and printers, it shows me that the cable is connected but needs troubleshooting and when i do that it says that the driver cant be installed and tells me to contact the device manufacturer for assistance. I know that the cable is working fine since it is usable in my friends laptop which is by the way acer notebook also, and yes all my drivers are up to date....

what I am suspecting is maybe the way the usb hubs are connected in this laptop because if i open device manager and set the view to "devices by connection" then whatever usb device i connect in whatever usb hub in this laptop, it shows up under "Intel USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller"...

everything i've connected so far has worked perfectly in this laptop but this rocksmith cable...

any help would be much appreciated

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

OS?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • anwar106

Windows 7 Home basic

• IronFly

Connect the cable to your notebook without starting the game then:

• Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Security, and then, under System, clicking Device Manager.‌ Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

on Device manager, double click on devices with the yellow exclamation mark, click on Details tab, choose Hardware ID from the drop down menu, highlight the first string , copy and paste here the string.

• anwar106

USB\VID_12BA&PID_00FF&REV_0100&MI_00

• IronFly
  • anwar106

The problem still exists... I have no Idea what to do, in my friend's laptop, when I connect the cable, it shows up under the enhanced host controller #1 instead of eXtensible host controller. maybe because my friends laptop doesnt has a gpu so it doesnt take power of the usb hubs and the cable gets enough power? sorry if I sound stupid Im not an expert in this stuff...

any ideas?

• IronFly

if you have doubt about USB power, try to change USB port but.....USB power is a standard 500mA 5V for all devices.

do you have any USB 2.0 port available, maybe is some kind of compatibility on USB3.0 port?

• anwar106

I do have two 2.0 USB ports and one 3.0 USB port and I tried doing the thing in Ubisoft website on every port and nothing happened, the problem still exists...

• IronFly

Do you have any other yellow exclamation mark on device manager?

• anwar106

Nope, only on the cable, everything else works fine...

• IronFly

Have you tried to search driver with the windows automatic driver search?

• IronFly

Try also to install drivers manualy pointing to c://Windows/INF to search the driver.

that cable must use a standard windows driver called wdma_usb.inf , you can search for it in the folder above and force to install it by selecting "have a disk"

This discussion has been closed.