Turned off my Computer during a Factory Restore

Clay194
Clay194 Member Posts: 4 New User
I have a Acer Aspire One 532h-2588. I was restoring it back to factory condition when I accidently turned it off. Now it won't open. I tried re-restoring it, but it doesnt work.

Best Answer

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

Hi Clay194

If the ALT & F10 option fails to restore your computer, contact Acer support for your region, to see if they can supply a recovery USB stick or recovery disks for your Netbook. If it is disks supplied, then you will need to buy/borrow a USB optical drive to install them on to your Aspire One.

Hope this helps!

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

hi...

It would be helpful if you provide me information on the operating system installed on your computer.

How you has restored your compter ? Is it from inside or outside windows?

If it is windows 7, you may try restoring your computer using the Alt + F10 steps.

• Clay194
    Clay194 Member Posts: 4 New User
    I was in the middle of restoring my computer, when I accidently took out the battery from the back. When I turned it on again it opened with two opens launch repair and open normally. The repair said I need the recovery disk, but I cant since I dont have a disk tray. Opening normally showed the acer screen and then it redirected me back to the two options. I tried F2, but I dont see what I can do in there. i also opened F8, where I tried going into safe mode and restoring it from there, but it didnt let me. I also tried Alt+F10, when I tried restoring it from their it started loading up the files and then redirects me saying a file has been altered or corrupted. I really need help, thanks.
  • finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

Hi Clay194

If the ALT & F10 option fails to restore your computer, contact Acer support for your region, to see if they can supply a recovery USB stick or recovery disks for your Netbook. If it is disks supplied, then you will need to buy/borrow a USB optical drive to install them on to your Aspire One.

Hope this helps!

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Turning off your computer during a major software change is a disaster that might not be fatal. Try to borrow a legal copy of your operating system. Put it in the DVD drive and reboot. MAYBE you will be taken to a repair menu.

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

hi...

If you have a unit from US or Canada, you may also live chat with an Acer technician at : Acer live chat

If you have purchased the computer in any other country, you may contact Acer support here : Acer Global Support

• yosh
    yosh Member Posts: 2 New User

Does anyone know what the proper rename for the nav50.fn file is? I have the same trouble as the OP. The machine was fine one day, and seemingly "bricked" the next. Same NAV50-2588 win 7 starter machine. It lights the LED, runs the fan for a few seconds, and then stops the fan and goes nowhere. Black screen. If I hold the power button down I can turn the power off, but to restart it I must pull the battery and re-insert it to get it to turn back on from the power button. It acts as though it has no BIOS functioning. The "Macles" procedure has no effect. If I hold the fn+esc and start it, the fan will keep running but that's the only change. I have already ruled out the CMOS battery. It's at 3.14V.

Is this three year-old netbook done?

• yosh
    yosh Member Posts: 2 New User

One other observation, the machine doesn't poll the usb drive ever when I have tried to "blind" flash it using the widely used method that is recommended for the earlier AO's (Macles). It does light a card reader with a formatted SD card, though it won't flash from that, either.

Thanks, again.

This discussion has been closed.