Touchpad problem (Synaptics, Win8,1, V3-772G)

BK
BK Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi, I (not only recently) have a nerv wrecking problem with my touchpad (all drivers are up to date and for the right windows version, yes). Problems: 2-finger scrolling doesnt work corner areas for special commands doesnt work either left-click (physically pushing the touchpad down to do a click) does a right click instead Details: -When I close the process of synaptics and restart it, the problem doesnt change -In the synaptic's menu where you define the corner commands and the size of the designated corner areas, the area on the bottom right appears to be lid up, as it is receiving a indefined command to click at that location My question now is; Is this a known issue (hard- or software) with this product and how do I fix it without having to reset my laptop again (Thanks again, acer-support....) Peace K.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer

Try a different version of driver, you can try Wind 8 driver even if it's for another Acer laptop (V5, E1 etc). I would also try re-installing Acer Launch Manager.

• BK
    BK Member Posts: 2 New User
    Him thanks for the quick help, so there are a few things I have to say which bothered me the most while dealing with this problem. When I searched the launch manager for my laptop I didnt find the driver under win8.1 (official acer site), so I downloaded the win8 version of it. When unistalled (cccleaner routine) and reinstalled, I had exact the same problems as before (touchpad and FN+F5). So I uninstalled the launch manager again and voila: everything is working just fine (without any lm driver). And the most interesting part of all I tried the customer support of acer three times without any useful help whatsoever and one time resetting my pc to default without even telling me that such a thing would happen. To resume my story: thanks acer for bad support and bad win8.1 compatibility (or great because no lm necessary; no bad, they could have told this when upgrading to 8.1)!
  • brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,086 Trailblazer
This discussion has been closed.