TM645M with docking station can't recognize external monitors

ambassador
ambassador Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Hi Acer,

I'm looking for help with my setup. I have TM645M i7 IntelHD Radeon 8700M connected to Acer docing station. Docking station is connected by HDMI to G247HYU and by DVI to B243PWL. The issue is that only one monitor is working at the time. When I close the lid from TM645 it dosn't recognize monitor on DVI. Working only this one which is connected throu HDMI... I had already reistalled system and both video drivers for Intel and AMD... any suggestions what to do more to have two monitors working?

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

Does the external monitor work if you connect it and press FN + F5 to change the output to the external monitor? Does it work ok with the lid open?

• ambassador
    ambassador Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi

Yes Fn+F5 works fine with lid open. I can choose from 6 different options. When I choose for example icon DVI-HDMI only monitor connected by HDMI shows picture. Situation is the same, so monitor connected by HDMI works and at the same time monitor connected by DVI shows "no signal" information.

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator

Have you ever been able to use the DVI port on the dock?

Have you tried loading the latest driver for the dock from http://www.displaylink.com/support/downloads.php?

If the latest driver does not resolve the issue, there may be a problem with the DVI port on the dock that needs service.

• mminieri
    mminieri Member Posts: 1 New User
    I recently found the solution but - with apologies - can't recall exactly where. The solution was going through Control Panel power settings. Under an advanced control tab, there was a setting on what to do when the lid was closed. My external monitor was going to sleep when I closed the list. Now the external continues to work.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    mminieri---Thank you for your control panel power settings tip. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ