Sound Issues Acer Aspire E1-571

rjpoult
rjpoult Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello,

I recently received this acer laptop as a gift. Right from the first time I started it I noticed issues with the sound. With any audio that played there were crackling noises.

The crackling got worse and worse so I Decided to restart the laptop and then the sound stopped working altogether.

I tried reinstalling the Realtek HD audio drivers that came with the laptop but that didn't work and I still got a "No Audio Output Device is Installed" message in the bottom corner. I tried reinstalling the drivers AGAIN, and the sound worked. All seemed well until I woke up the next day with no sound yet again.

I then tried downloading new drivers from the realtek website, even these drivers didn't work. The only solution to the problem seemed to be basically uninstalling and reinstalling the realtek drivers until they worked, and even then, the sound would still crackle horrendously.

After getting fed up with this issue I tried to refresh windows, and even this didn't work.

I have tried everything I can think of so now I'm turning to you, please can you help me.

Regards,
Richard.

Answers

• rjpoult

Forgot to mention that I am running Windows 8.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

You already did all the right things but can you post a device manager (with sound tree open) screenshot?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • rjpoult

At the moment my sound is working 100%, got a music writing deadline so I'm keeping the laptop on for the moment for fear of it reverting back to it's problematic state.

This is a screenshot of the device manager at the moment, as i stated, the problem isnt present at the moment so it might not be very helpful, but what I can tell you is, that the High Definition Audio Drivers disappear from the device manager whenever the computer is shut down or restarted, upon reinstalling the driver, they will reappear in the device manager with an error (I think its a code 10 or code 45.)

Thanks for your swift reply, hope the information I gave you could help.Capture.PNG

• BearPaw
    BearPaw Member Posts: 69 Troubleshooter

Only the original audio drivers from Acer are designed to prevent this behavior. The default audio driver are for people who don't heavily use their computer in a more intense computing scenario.

Under my tests on a similar computer that I upgraded to Windows 8 - I found that the Wifi Adapter that was built into the system was responsible for the stuttering of the audio and also the crackling and breaking up. Using a USB Wifi connector had solved the problem and I was a happy person again.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Ok,

on your screenshot, Audio input/output are missing from the list.

right click on the "high definition audio devices", click uninstall

uninstall from program and features all the realtek drivers but have ready the Acer Realtek audio drivers downloaded from the Acer support website.

Reboot

At boot, reinstall the Acer Realtek drivers, reboot.

then open Device Manager, double click on "High definition audio devices", check if microsoft or realtek drivers are installed.

I'm not an Acer employee.
This discussion has been closed.