Since MS explorer shut off explorer 8 and I cannot get on the internet, what browser can I install

grumpy1
grumpy1 Member Posts: 3 New User

My acer one aspire works great except can no longer get on internet. I can print to wireless printer so wireless is working but understand MS has shut down explorer 8 so it no longer works. I could purchase 8.1 but wonder how long that will be good. Is there any newer explorer that will work with acer one aspire?  Is there anything else I can do to get back on the net? I am using my desktop computer to write this. Any help would be appreciated. The little computer was great to take traveling and I miss it.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Is your computer shipped wiht windows 7 or 8?
    Are you havving issue with internet explorer or windows explorer?
    If you have issue with internet explorer, you may download and install Google Chrome browser to open webpages.
    You may try restoring your computer to previous date to check the issue.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.png to say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• grumpy1

Acer One aspire shipped with explorer 8. Cannot install Chrome because I cannot use the internet to download it. I tried.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,046 Trailblazer

Check in IE Options - Programs - IE is the default browser.

France
  • grumpy1

computer has windows explorer 8 installed. I cannot download Chrome because explorer won't let me get on internet to do it. I have tried several different ways. From what I can find out, I will have to purchase windows explorer 8.1 and install that. When in word, I can send stuff to wireless printer so the wireless connection is working just can't get on the internet. Everything I find is that microsoft has put an update into it that won't let me use the internet. They no longer will support windows explorer 8.