Should i upgrade my aspire R7! you Decide! money talks but chocolate sings!! help me x

2»

Answers

• Inspiration101
    Inspiration101 Member Posts: 185 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Feel free to give me Kudos points if you want to thank me Smiley Happy

It is all up to you how you proceed !

If you can find that part number cheaper elsewhere then go for it ! Smiley Happy

That website does say :

DMS chips have the same specifications as the original parts and are backed by a lifetime warranty and are guaranteed to be compatible with the Acer KN.8GB07.005 chip. Our eCommerce store allows you to order these chips today, just click the buy button below and checkout in our online eshop.

• Foxy-lucy
    Foxy-lucy Member Posts: 22 New User

wooohooo i did it all my  by myeself didnt pay nobody, was done in less then 2 hours as i got really stuck once i opened the laptop could not figure out for my life how to remove the HD from the laptop. started to remove screws close the HD case at random, lucky me the first two screws i removed did the job, after that was really easy.

i did have a problem finding the 3 screws that cant be seen, there is 1 under the small pad in the center and 2 under the top pad near the screen. 

my battery life has improved for sure, my data transfer on windows score went from 5.6 to 8.1 my boot times from 15 seconds to less the 5 seconds.

there is a 24 gb ssd already in the R7 , i didnt remove it but i dont know if its doing anything now? should i remove it or leave it there?

also i got a usb3.0 dual band wireless adapter, getting 15 - 20 mbs  compared to a lot less before. i have turned off the aspire wireless card. 

if anybody knows which samsung setting i should pick from samsung migition let me know please 

thank you guys for helping me out! chris your the man. insperation your the man. 

is it possible to upgrade the graphics card?? im guessing not!!

p.s i love my R7 with ssd, 12gb ram upgrade later this week :-)

This discussion has been closed.