R7 571G - Error ACPI:ACPI BIOS is attempting to write to an illegal PCI Operation Region

enst32
enst32 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi,

I bought myself the Acer Aspire R7 571G just a few days ago. I noticed when looking at the systems event viewer that I a lot of Errors. They are all ACPI related. After I started my system today at 9.30am I received more than 50 of these Error messages.

ACPI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to write to an illegal PCI Operation Region (0x0), Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

ACPI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to write to an illegal PCI Operation Region (0x4), Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

ACPI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to write to an illegal PCI Operation Region (0x8), Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

ACPI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to write to an illegal PCI Operation Region (0xc), Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

ACPI: ACPI BIOS is attempting to write to an illegal PCI Operation Region (0x10), Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.
It keeps going (0x14), (0x18), (0xc), (0x20), (0x24) ....and so on.

This seems to occur in Windows 8. Upgrading to Windows 8.1 did not help. Upgrading the BIOS to version 2.08 did not fix it either. Resetting to factory settings as suggested in this post (same Acer R7 571G here) http://community.acer.com/t5/Notebooks-Netbooks/Buggy-BIOS/td-p/119739 did not seem to fix it either.  

Answers

This discussion has been closed.