Powering on - Acer Aspire E1-522

thicknick
thicknick Member Posts: 1 New User

I recently purchased a new Aspire E1-522  From the first time I used it, it will only boot with the power cable inserted even when the battery is fully charged. If I try to power it on without it connected, all I get is a blue light on the power button, a black screen and some noise. However if I then plug the power cable in and out, it will start up fast and the windows 8 start login screen will be there. 

This is frustrating as I can not boot the notebook without being near a power point.  Acer support said that they could not determine whether the problem was my battery or the notepad, so they kindly sent me a new battery... but I still have the same problem.   I do not know what to do now, so I'm wondering if anyone out here can help me? This would be much appreciated as I plan to fly overseas tomorrow and I'd like to use my laptop on the plane.

[edited for privacy]

Answers

• jozefrockz
    jozefrockz Member Posts: 20 New User

I would suggest to let the local Acer Service Center (actual hardware check) or might as well consider replacing the unit to where did you purchase it if you are still on the allowable period for replacement.

As for myself I would consider it as defective. 

This discussion has been closed.