Poor Wifi on new Aspire R7-571

2»

Answers

• lynchps
    lynchps Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

I also added a wifi extender. Even though this still doesn't give me anywhere near the speeds I get with my other devices, it makes my R7 usable. Now for an update on this problem. As I wrote in my last post, I had called the Acer tech line to see if I could get some kind of update. Don't waste your time. The guys who answer at this level really have no clue. I asked to speak to a level 2 technician. This took several minutes but I think I finally spoke to someone in the US. Unfortunately the new wasn't so good. From what I got out of the conversation, Acer isn't fixing anything. It sounds like it is all falling on Microsoft, (Windows 8 problem) and or Broadcom or whoever manufactures or produces the wifi adapters and drivers. The guy I talked to said he has heard of the problem, but it was wide spread through several manufactures using Windows 8. So there you have it. Don't hold your breath on a fix. I would have hoped that Acer would be a little more aggressive in helping their customers who spent a lot of money on their flagship notebook, but it doesn't look like that is the case. Sorry Acer but I am disappointed enough to say no more Acer products for me. Can't recommend Acer to any of my friends, employees, or customers either. Just not enough support there. By the way the e-mail I sent in several weeks ago...never received a reply.

• kunalpp
    kunalpp Member Posts: 2 New User
    I was able to bring the wifi to the room I sit in mostly since mine is more of a desktop replacement and I don't move it a lot so its OK, I am getting good enough speed will be more happy with the problem sorted out by acer or whomsoever is behind it.

• rlopez4586
    rlopez4586 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I found the solution on this issue. I notice that when im connected to 2.4ghz my connection speed is 1-2mbps only. So i tried connecting to 5ghz freq and im now getting 30mbps which is my default internet speed. Obviously its a software/driver issue. For now we are stuck on it until acer push a new driver update.
  • sjsinmi
    sjsinmi Member Posts: 1 New User

Same problem on two machines purchased this week from Best Buy.  I have reported to Acer via email and now via Chat.  Very frustrating.  5Ghz gave me better performance, but still not acceptable.

This discussion has been closed.