Not deducting WI-FI in My New Aspire E1-571

jvvsmrao
jvvsmrao Member Posts: 3 New User

My Acer Aspire E1-571 having windows7 os newly installed and also loaded laptop driver softwares too. But wi-fi is not connecting in my laptop after formatting it. Please suggest me how to fix it. 

Best Answer

Answers

• Assuming the correct WiFi driver is installed and working correctly (you can confirm this in Device Manager) then you may simply have a configuration problem.

If the setting exists, check your router and confirm that is set to allow unregistered connections - mine will reject any attempt to connect if a device (your laptop) is not known.
    Also check the security settings your router expects and confirm that the laptop matches.
    Double check that your security key is correctly entered in your laptop (in my case, it is case sensitive too).

• jvvsmrao

Thank you for your reply.

My Device Manager shows as follows.

Capture.JPG

My router having password, it allows any device to connect only if correct password has given.

Additonal information - I'm using internet by connecting internet cable directly to the laptop, but not through wi-fi.

• Alan-London
    Alan-London ACE Posts: 793 Pioneer
    Answer ✓

OK.

Looking at your device manager, it appears you have no WiFi driver installed at all.

Go to the Acer download site (or the one for your location):

http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/drivers

Select the OS you are using.

There are a number of different WiFi drivers depending of your hardware.

Select and install whichever is correct.

If you are in any doubt, run the detection program:

http://global-download.acer.com/FilesDownload/HWID/HWVendorDetection.exe

Let me know how it goes from there.

• jvvsmrao

Thanks for your suggestions. Now my wi-fi problem has been solved and i'm using wi-fi as earlier.

Once again thank you very much.

• You're welcome. Smiley Happy

• HOSAYN
    HOSAYN Member Posts: 1 New User
This discussion has been closed.