New Acer VN7-791G making cracking noises

inviktus
inviktus Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi,

i just bought Acer VN 791g Nitro two days ago. After few hours of using I noticed (where there were no background sounds in the room) that there are random constant cracking noises coming from the front right side of the laptop. I also did a HDD check with Acer Checkup and when the Hard drive was being tested the noise became harder and started cracking with higher frequency. It gets pretty annoying when in quiet room trying to study or think.

Does anyone have any thoughts on that?

Im also attaching the link to listen the noise that the laptop is producing.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1B8ZdFPlHf8

Regards!

G

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

it's HDD noise for sure, i don't know if this can be in specification or not, the only way to know it, is to send your notebook to the Acer support service.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • inviktus

Thanks for approval that this is caused by HDD. Still, if there is anyone around with the same computer or similar issue to tell me if this is normal or not I would be very grateful. It surely doesn't sound normal to me.

Are there any Acer employers that can check and evaluate this issue?

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Now would be a good time to make the Recovery CDs if you haven't done it.

• inviktus

I don't even have anything important on the disk, since I bought the computer few days ago. That's why I'm asking if this is normal or should I get it replaced..

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Return it.

• naironeal
    naironeal Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi Inviktus,

I have the exact same issue with my Nitro VN7-591G-77YZ, bought 4 days back. Please do let me know how you got your issue resolved.

Thanks!

Nair