Need help using Recovery discs for v3-551

Wetwork
Wetwork Member Posts: 5 New User

Sorry for my english, still a student.

Ok so after receiving these 5 disc, one being system disc, recovery 1, 2 , 3 then language pack.

The problem is I deleted my partition on HDD so I order the recovery disc cause apperently I can restore my system with factory settings. The instructions state to

1: insert the disk labeled system disc.

2:reboot the computer and press f12

3:when prompted for the recovery disc, remove system disc and insert the first recovery disc. blah blah ect

So apperently I need the "system disc" to boot up first then I can use the recovery discs. The problem is I am unable to because in order to boot this system disc I need to set in bios UEFI "comes like that from factory settings" that's fine. Boots/loads fine then once disc finally loads I am given two options.

1: clean install of system disc C:

2: restore all partitions of HDD (that's what I want) but once I select 2nd option I get this notice "please boot this recovery disc using legancy BIOS mode. I even then pick 1st option, same message.

If I change the bios settings to legancy then I can't load the disc and get this "warning fail" message telling me I need UEFI mode.

So, um, yeah, any ideas?

Best Answer

• Wetwork
    Answer ✓

system had MBR partition table on EFI system... windows 8 GPT... Oh well hit myself later in the head. Fixed is by reading your link. Thanks. Once I formatted HDD using windows 8 disc, the system restore began to work. I had formatted HDD previously with windows 7 disc. I know...

Answers

• nOm_nom_NOM3
    nOm_nom_NOM3 Member Posts: 17

Tinkerer

you deleted the partition. so all the information is "gone" if you want to get that back you will need to remove the HDD and plug it into another computer and run some data recovery software.

if you dont care about the old data then why not just do a clean install?

• Wetwork

Well this laptop is new and came with windows 8. I am running windows 7 on my desktop. I want windows 8 back and everything restored on HDD again. I am given the option to completely restore the computer to factory default settings.

This is restoring all data, this includes hidden partitions. I guess what I'm asking, why am I getting this

Legacy BIOS and UEFI issue's? I have the disc to restore, I can't restore anything without first booting up this system disc.

• nOm_nom_NOM3

Tinkerer

did you ever flash a new bios or anything?

this sounds rediculous, and I have never had a problem like this but maybe this could help you

[Link]

• Wetwork

Nope I haven't. This is very strange. I guess I'll have to call customer support and see what happens. I'm starting to think, I was given wrong set of disc?

• nOm_nom_NOM3

Tinkerer

its possible, but from what I read when it tries to boot Win8 from the disks it may not read the drivers right because of the BIOS settings. did you try that link I posted that article looked like it would be of help

• Wetwork
    Answer ✓

system had MBR partition table on EFI system... windows 8 GPT... Oh well hit myself later in the head. Fixed is by reading your link. Thanks. Once I formatted HDD using windows 8 disc, the system restore began to work. I had formatted HDD previously with windows 7 disc. I know...

This discussion has been closed.