Need Recovery Discs for Aspire 4720z

MissKatrina
MissKatrina Member Posts: 2 New User

I was recently given an Aspire 4720z and it originally came with Windows Vista 32-bit but has a copy of Windows 7 thats not genuine on top of that I believe I got a virus but on top of that a lot of the drivers are missing, unplugged or out of date!

I want to do a clean install with full version of Windows Vista but from what I understand I can't do that without the drivers and from what I also understand is my warrenty has expired so I can't get any help from Acer themselves.

Can anyone tell me what to do?

Answers

• ElizabethS
    ElizabethS Member Posts: 845 Practitioner WiFi Icon

You can purchase recovery disks here: http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27543

• MissKatrina
    MissKatrina Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank You for the link but it can't find discs for me to order? Do you have any suggestions as to what I can or should do now? Do you know why the recovery discs are not available for my laptop? I know its old but still I would think these types of things would always available?/

• Hello MissKatrina,

If your disk hasn't been formatted completly, you can recover your system from the hidden partition (Windows Vista+drivers+softwares).

You'll find the procedure in this user's guide page 60 (page 42 of the document):

" I want to restore my computer to its original settings without recovery CDs. "

Link: Aspire 4720Z/4720/4320 Series - User's Guide

Note: The default password of erecovery management is 6 zeros.

France
This discussion has been closed.