My Acer laptop shutdown by itself due to overheating, where can I have it checked/fixed?

tankfans
tankfans Member Posts: 3 New User

My Acer laptop shutdown by itself due to overheating, where can I have it checked/fixed?

Best Answer

• tankfans
    Answer ✓

Since my laptop is already more than 3 years old (out of warranty), I opened it with the guide of the service manual.
    I am amazed of what I found: dusts clusters in the form of foam-like substance that blocked the ventilation. I remove the dusts and my laptop is working fine now Smiley Happy

Answers

• tankfans
    Answer ✓

Since my laptop is already more than 3 years old (out of warranty), I opened it with the guide of the service manual.
    I am amazed of what I found: dusts clusters in the form of foam-like substance that blocked the ventilation. I remove the dusts and my laptop is working fine now Smiley Happy

• Mr_Helper
    Mr_Helper Member Posts: 129 Troubleshooter

Hi,

Yes the problem was dust.

• I suggest that you clean the air inlet and outlet with a can of compressed air, place the system on a surface where there is good air circulation.

- You may also add a little bit of thermal grease to the processor

• tankfans

Yes, since I'm not sure where I can get a can of compressed air. I removed the dust by opening the laptop and manually remove the dust accumulated inside the fan that blocked the ventilation.

• Mr_Helper
    Mr_Helper Member Posts: 129 Troubleshooter

Ok,

For any other questions you are welcome.

This discussion has been closed.