My Acer Sleekbook touch laptop pc, copy/paste does not function in IE to external drive

tigerclaw99
tigerclaw99 Member Posts: 16 New User

When I am in Internet Explorer and in my pictures file, I try to copy and paste a picture.

When I right click a picture, a drop down menu comes out and I click "Copy" command. Then I go to

the external drive file and right click it, a drop down menu comes out with "Select All"

and a flash drive option but I dont see the "Paste" command. Because of which, I cannot complete

the copy/paste procedure, and no picture is copied.

Answers

• GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

In this case, try to copy and paste the same file to your computer and see if that gets copied properly. Also, try copying the same file on some other external drive (if possible). If it fails to copy, then you can refer to the troubleshooting steps mentioned on the following link:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309662

And if the file gets copied successfully on your computer or on the other external drive, there may be some issue with your current external drive. To confirm this, try copying some other file on your current external drive. If you are not able to copy some other file as well, you may need to scan your external drive thoroughly using a security software and check if it is infected. If it is infected, then remove the infection by following the instructions mentioned by the security software. If it is not infected, then you can try formatting the external drive and check if that helps. Do remember to take a backup of all your data on the external drive before formatting.

Hope this will help you.