Laptop upgrades

omah1975
omah1975 Member Posts: 5 New User

Can anyone tell me how upgradeable the V3-571G is please as I'm finding it just a little bit slower than I thought it would be? If possible I'd like to double the memory from 4Gb to 8Gb, also I would like to swap the HDD for an SSD and finally maybe bump up the graphics. I'm guessing that the memory is the only thing I can change but if there are other things I can do I'd be interested to know exactly what I need to buy.

Thanks.

Best Answer

• AnachroNia
    AnachroNia Member Posts: 40

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

If you don't want to void your warranty - you'll have to give your laptop in a service. The ram upgrade - you have 2 slots for ram - depends on what is your current ram - you'll have to get 1 or 2 x4GB. About the SSD - you don't have to 'change' the hdd. It's too expensive to have big SSD. You can install a SSD in the place of the cd-rom. You'll use it for the OS + virtual memory. And probably some programs that you want to load fast. SSD really helps Smiley Happy 

What do you mean by slow? What are you using it for? Smiley Happy 

Answers

• omah1975
    omah1975 Member Posts: 5 New User

Can anyone answer my query?

• AnachroNia
    AnachroNia Member Posts: 40

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

If you don't want to void your warranty - you'll have to give your laptop in a service. The ram upgrade - you have 2 slots for ram - depends on what is your current ram - you'll have to get 1 or 2 x4GB. About the SSD - you don't have to 'change' the hdd. It's too expensive to have big SSD. You can install a SSD in the place of the cd-rom. You'll use it for the OS + virtual memory. And probably some programs that you want to load fast. SSD really helps Smiley Happy 

What do you mean by slow? What are you using it for? Smiley Happy 

This discussion has been closed.