Internet video problems on vn7-591G

kbjustin
kbjustin Member Posts: 2 New User

I have an Acer vn7-591G and I have some issues with playing video on the internet (no problem with video on my machine). The buffering can be really slow at times or the video gets sort of choppy when playing. I do have an issue with the wifi where the speed is not good but I have a USB dongle which gets me around 20 mbps and I still have the video problems. I even tried ethernet, had over 50mbps but still had the same issue. I tried playing the same videos on other devices and have no issues. Anyone know what the issue might be?

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    You need to check if your computer has the latest BIOS version V1.13

To check BIOS version,

Press and hold the Window logo key and tap X on your keyboard, click Run and type msinfo32 in the Run box and hit the Enter key. In the System Information window, click System Summary and locate your current BIOS Version/Date to the right.

If you have have BIOS version lower that V 1.13, you may download and install it

After BIOS update you may install the patch released to updates the Windows Power Plan settings to improve wireless performance. Download WiFi patch

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• kbjustin
    kbjustin Member Posts: 2 New User

I updated the bios and applied the patch you mentioned (I had previously applied but did it again) but it doesnt seem to have helped the issue at all

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

This seems to be an issue with internal wireless antenna configuration and you may need to send in the unit to Acer service center,  if you have unit from US or Canada, you may also live chat with an Acer technician at : Acer live chat

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.