Intel 4000 HD Graphics driver

jsaar
jsaar Member Posts: 4 New User

I'm using Acer Aspire v3-571. How can I upgrade my Intel graphics HD 4000 driver to the newest?

Answers

• jsaar

That link includes drivers for 2nd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors with Intel® HD Graphics 3000/2000, I was looking for drivers for Intel Graphics 4000 though. When I try to download latest drivers from Intel's pages I get this message: A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel Driver Update Utility is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact yourcomputer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer. I'd really like to get the latest driver which is said to improve performance by 10% etc.

• Edy
    Edy Member Posts: 8 New User

Now that you mentioned it I will also try to upgrade the driver,I also have the v3-571G with win7 ultimate,I gave you the wrong link https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Laptop+graphics+drivers&ProductProduct=3rd+Generation+Intel%C2%AE+Core%E2%84%A2+Processors+with+Intel%C2%AE+HD+Graphics+4000%2f2500&ProdId=3498&LineId=1101&FamilyId=39 this should be the right one.I am waiting for the download to finish

• Edy

The instalation worked you just have to choose carefuly the wright windows and bit,and then dowload the second or third driver, the first one is only for developers. if you could tell me your windows i could send you the exact url

• LeoScott
    LeoScott Member Posts: 24 New User

I don't know about your V5 but on my V3 I cannot install any graphics drivers except the ones on Acers download site or by their updater utility that came on the laptop.  This has to do with modifications that they have in the autoswitching between the Intel integrated graphics and the NVIDIA graphics chip in my machine.  I will have to wait until Acer posts the update on their site.  You may have to wait also.

• Edy

Mine is also a v3 and I managed to install the last drivers for nvidia and for intel. with nvidia was a bit harder i had to rewrite a file from the driver so it would stop telling me that i should only install drivers from the manufacturer site.but the intel driver did not give me any problem i installed 5 minutes ago

• jsaar

I managed to install the driver (v9.18.10.3071) not sure if this is the newest one. But atleast it's much more updated than the last one. Thank you for the support Smiley Happy Tomorrow I will see does this update offer a slighty

• jsaar

Better performance for a game

• Edy

That is the one i installed to glad to see it worked 

• LeoScott
    LeoScott Member Posts: 24 New User

So what file did you rewrite and what changes did you make.  I have tried loading NVIDIA drivers and got stopped by the error message about using the drivers from my manufacturer

• Edy

I will search for the tutorial,it is verry simple will post back in 10 mins

• Edy

what gpu do you have?

• cmartinez19
    cmartinez19 Member Posts: 3 New User

hey everyone, its now possible to intall both latest intel and nvidia drivers Smiley Happy i think a problem as incompatibility between them because i had troubles too until now. i too have the 571G and only the acer drivers worked. now you can also update them. download the latest intel driver from their site and install that one first. as of today nvidias latest driver for the gt 730m is 320.18 and works great. make sure you first update the intel one then the nvidia one. enjoy the 10% intel boost lol Smiley Tongue

• Alan-London
    Alan-London ACE Posts: 793 Pioneer

This issue was never an Acer problem.

Neither was it an incompatibility issue.

All that was required was for the driver writers to cater for dual graphics hardware.

Traditionally, all an installer had to do was check the present hardware. Unfortunately, with dual graphics, the hardware architecture was alien and the installer didn't know what to do.

Up until now (320.18), I would rewrite the installer (like many others I suspect) so I was always current. At least, now nVidia have woken up, that's a job we hopefully won't have to do again.

• cmartinez19
    cmartinez19 Member Posts: 3 New User

well at least in my 571G i was never able to update the intel hd driver having the stock acer provided nvidia driver. no matter what i tried it didnt work. when the 320.18 drivers came out, i tried it again and it worked right away. for a regular user that would probably be called incompatibility espicially since the gt 730m was fairly new which explains why nvidia wouldnt have drivers out yet. it was acer who had them and when i the laptop came out acer didnt have the proper nvidia drivers out until later.

• bee_2015
    bee_2015 Member Posts: 1 New User

yes

• johnkavanaghinc
    johnkavanaghinc Member Posts: 1 New User

581t(g) - gets same error and cannot update software.... why...I only want to play bf4

• I've just tried updating nVidia to 331.65 on my M5-581TG and it installs OK with no modifications whatsoever.

As mentioned in my earlier post, it appears nVidia have addressed the original problem.

Edit:

I've just attempted to install Intel HD 4000 driver 15.31.17.64.3257 (9.18.10.3257).

I ended with a black screen and nothing further - had to force power off. It didn't install.

In my case, booting in safe mode and installing from there cured the problem.

This discussion has been closed.