I've lost my windows 7 home premium disc and my laptop is asking me to insert it

Larelle
Larelle Member Posts: 2 New User
My laptop is asking me to insert my windows 7 disc but I have lost. I have the product key can I download windows 7 home premium and burn it to disc. Or what should I do.....

Best Answer

• voytecs
    voytecs Member Posts: 13 New User
    Answer ✓

It will work, only one issue you will be facing is the acctivation over the phone (painless automated process).

I have done it many times, no issue. Once acctivated the microsoft will remember the machine and you don't need to do it again.

Regards

Answers

• voytecs
    voytecs Member Posts: 13 New User
    Answer ✓

It will work, only one issue you will be facing is the acctivation over the phone (painless automated process).

I have done it many times, no issue. Once acctivated the microsoft will remember the machine and you don't need to do it again.

Regards

• HolyDriver
    HolyDriver Member Posts: 31

Tinkerer

So long as you have the key, you legally own a copy of Windows.

Microsoft distrubuted Win7 online through a service called Digital River, and links to the downloads can be found here.  Win7 Home Premium is the first set of download links - make sure you get the proper version for your system.

As for making the disc, you can use a software called ImgBurn that is available for free, along with a forum full of instructions, which can be found here.  To do a basic "ISO to DVD" burn is pretty easy, though - you shouldn't have any troubles.

• Larelle
    Larelle Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you so so much, I'm up and running again. You guys are amazing I've been at this for days........ Smiley Happy
This discussion has been closed.