How to watch picture on HDMI external monitor and listen sound from Acer Aspire speakers?

Skap631
Skap631 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

My Aspire 5738 is hooked up with AOC brand 27" HDMI external monitor by HDMI cable. This monitor is without any speakers. I made this monitor PRIMARY to 15" Aspire 5738 screen.

When I play a DVD/CD using ROM drive NO SOUND comes out from built-in speakers of Aspire laptop. But picture runs on AOC monitor which is not useful. Aspire 5738 has TWO sound processors in device manager. One is Intel (Default) and other one ReaLTek, both are HD quality.

Can any user or forum leader advise me "How to configure (If Possible) any of the TWO sound processors to HDMI" OR any other practical solutions?

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

You may set the speaker as the default device in sound option to get audio from the internal speaker on your laptop.

Open on "Control Panel",  please click on "Hardware and Sound"
    Where it says "Sound" in green letters there are three options below that are in blue click on "Manage Audio Devices"
    This will bring up a window labeled "Sound"
    On the "Playback" tab there is listed the sound options available to you. Set speaker as default device.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓

You may set the speaker as the default device in sound option to get audio from the internal speaker on your laptop.

Open on "Control Panel",  please click on "Hardware and Sound"
    Where it says "Sound" in green letters there are three options below that are in blue click on "Manage Audio Devices"
    This will bring up a window labeled "Sound"
    On the "Playback" tab there is listed the sound options available to you. Set speaker as default device.