How to change windows and not lose drivers and programs?

hima
hima Member Posts: 2 New User

Hey guys just want to ask,

I have Acre I bought it with windows 7 home premium installed however I have bought windows 7 ultimate and I would like to change the windows but the only thing I worry about is when I format the HHD to re-install windows ill lose the Acre programs how can I keep them after I re-install the windows?

Is there a way that I can get a copy of them on USB or something ?

Thank you

Best Answer

• HolyDriver
    HolyDriver Member Posts: 31

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

Your laptop should have a backup or recovery utility for creating restore discs - typically the options are to create a set of discs that will do a complete factory restore, and a disc that is just software and drivers.

Click on the start menu, then All Programs and see if there's an Acer folder that contains this utilty.  If it's not there, your next option would be to go here, look up your system, and click the Documents tab to download the manual and see if there are instructions for creating a backup.

Answers

• HolyDriver
    HolyDriver Member Posts: 31

Tinkerer

Answer ✓

Your laptop should have a backup or recovery utility for creating restore discs - typically the options are to create a set of discs that will do a complete factory restore, and a disc that is just software and drivers.

Click on the start menu, then All Programs and see if there's an Acer folder that contains this utilty.  If it's not there, your next option would be to go here, look up your system, and click the Documents tab to download the manual and see if there are instructions for creating a backup.

• hima
    hima Member Posts: 2 New User

Thank you very much

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder

Hi..

You may create a recovery media with drivers and application of your computer.

Depending on what Acer computer you have your version of Acer eRecovery Management may look slightly different, but the option to create your discs will be available.

To create your backup recovery disks follow these steps:

1. Click on the Start menu and click All Programs.
    2. In the program list click the Acer folder, then click the Acer eRecovery Management icon.
    3. Windows User Account Control may ask for your permission to run this program, click Yes.
    4. From the Acer eRecovery Management window on the left click Backup, then click Create Factory Default Disc.

Note: If you are using a notebook or netbook you will be prompted to plug in your AC adapter, make sure the AC adapter is plugged in before proceeding and click OK.

5. From the Create Factory Default Disc page select the drive you want to use for burning the recovery media, then click Start.
    6. The disc will be ejected whenever it has completed burning, if multiple discs are required insert a new disc when prompted and click OK.

The other option available is Create Drivers and Applications Disc. You can use this to create a backup disc to install specific drivers and applications without wiping out the entire operating system.

To create a Drivers and Applications Disc follow the below steps:

1. Click Create Drivers and Applications Disc.
    2. From the Create Drivers and Applications Disc page select the drive you want to use for burning the recovery media, then click Start.
    3. The disc will be ejected whenever it has completed burning.

If the computer does not have an internal optical drive, an external optical drive will be required to create a set of Acer Recovery media.

You also have the option to dowload the required drivers and application for your computer from

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

Thanks

Sharanji

This discussion has been closed.