Hello, my 6month old aspire e1-572 is not staying connected to our WiFi. Other devices fine.

MrsC
MrsC Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives
Thought it was router problem but in spite of new router the problem remains. Stayed connected last night for several hours but today has not stayed connected for long. Os is windows 8.1.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

Drivers updated?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • GuruAid-CS
    GuruAid-CS Member Posts: 467 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

You may consider running an automated troubleshooter in Windows 8.1 by following the steps below:
    1. Swipe in from the right edge of your screen and tap "Search" (or if you're using a mouse, pointing to the upper-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer down, and then click Search.)
    2. In the Search box, type Network Troubleshooter and then, tap or click "Settings"
    3. Now, tap or click "Identify and repair network problems" and follow on-screen instructions.

If the issue still persists, you may check if you have latest wireless drivers installed on your computer. To do this, you can follow the steps below:
    1. Go to http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers
    2. Type Aspire E1-572 in the box below "Search by Product Model" and click "Search".
    3. Click on your model number from the list that comes up.
    4. Once the details about your model are displayed, select your current operating system appropriately from the drop-down menu besides "Operating System".
    5. Now, click on "Driver" tab and navigate to suitable "Wireless LAN" drivers in the "Category" column. Click "Download" (if you do not have the latest drivers installed already) and follow on-screen instructions to install the drivers.
    Note: If you are not aware which Wireless drivers to check, you may refer to your computer's user manual or contact Acer support through http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact for further assistance.

If the issue is not yet resolved, you can try deleting the respective wireless network from the list of remembered networks on your computer and reconnect to the network by following on-screen instructions.

The following link can also be helpful:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows/network-connection-problem-help#network-problems=windows-81&v1h=win81tab4&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

• MrsC
    MrsC Member Posts: 2 New User
    Thank you both, I had already carried out driver updates and checked that the Atheros driver version is the current available one to download. I have also carried out the troubleshooter but it has come up with no solution. At one point it stated that the 'connection between your access point, router or cable modem and the internet is broken.' Detected and yellow triangle. Underneath that it stated 'The default gateway is not available' Fixed and a green tick. The laptop connected for a few minutes this morning and then disconnected again. I plan to try it out at a friends house and if the problem remains then it must be in the laptop and not router in which case I will take it back to PC world.