HIVE ERROR: ACER ASPIRE 5515 LAPTOP: WINDOWS VISTA

jasonty
jasonty Member Posts: 10 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hi,

I have a "Hive" error message that displays on a blue screen. Windows does not load. Any help getting this machine going would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

You may want to try erecovery to factory defaults while saving your data. At the Acer boot logo tap F2 to enter the bios and make sure the Disk to Disk (D2D) recovery option is enabled in the main menu. Save and exit the bios. As the machine boots, press the Alt key while tapping F10. This should present you with a menu for either a fresh factory reset or a factory reset with your data saved.

Jack E/NJ            

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓

You may want to try erecovery to factory defaults while saving your data. At the Acer boot logo tap F2 to enter the bios and make sure the Disk to Disk (D2D) recovery option is enabled in the main menu. Save and exit the bios. As the machine boots, press the Alt key while tapping F10. This should present you with a menu for either a fresh factory reset or a factory reset with your data saved.

Jack E/NJ            

Jack E/NJ

• jasonty
    jasonty Member Posts: 10 New User

Thank You,

This information provided me the way to Restore my ACER to Factory Defaults.  I only wish I would have backed-up the Laptop @ some point.  That said, again, THANK YOU.