HD says it's a different model than the sticker says it is.

Doug
Doug Member Posts: 2 New User

HD says it's a different model than the sticker says it is. one says it is a 32bit, the other says it's a 64bit. yes the HD came out of another Acer #7731, and went into a 7741z. the 7731 got it's screen broken so I just pulled out the HD from a 7741z we had running with win7 and it worked just fine till I tried to install a new printer.Brother and HP finally gave up trying to help saying it  was a glitch with win7. That's when I remembered I'd switched out the HD long ago. this is a Bussness machine with all the little add-ons that whould take for ever to put back on and I rather on have to format the drive if you know what I mean.  I don't have Recovery disks for the 7731, and the ones for the 7741z won't work in this case. any suggestions ? thanks Doug

Answers

• Joshua188
    Joshua188 Member Posts: 523 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Well the first part i would like to point out is the HDD would not show 32bit or 64bit. Thats is the type of OS. Meaning like windows 7 pro 64 bit/32bit. Also im sure if you pulled the HDD from one unit to another there may be issues of course due to the units you listed would more than likly have diffrent hardware. I would recomend goiing to the Acer store to buy a set of recovery media for the unit to reload the factory OS and this should resolve the software issues you are having. If you have other questions please send me a message on here and i will reply with more steps as needed. 

www.store.acer.com

This discussion has been closed.