Fan Stays on - Aspire V5

strigili
strigili Member Posts: 1 New User

There are dozens of other Messages on this topic, so I know I'm not the only one that is experiencing this problem.  I've had my Aspire V5 for about 17 months, and just about 2 months ago, the fan now turns on the moment I power the laptop on.  And the fan stays on the entire time.

The Fix provided for other Aspire models doesn't help me, as I have the V5 6648.  Same fan problem, just different model.  When I run the program provided on the other discussion board, I get "incorrect product code" error.

Please advise as if to Acer can provide a reasonable solution to this problem.  I would appreciate any help that can be provided.  One final note, my local Best Buy technician told me it's not likely the fan itself because the fan doesn't actually detect the temperature, there's a separate sensor on the motherboard that performs that function.  So replacing the fan, according to Best Buy, wold not solve the problem.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Hi strigili,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing a problem with your fan running constantly. I can see how you would think this is directly related to the other problems you are seeing. If the program is not working or running on your system that would mean your system was not determined as an effected model.

Even though this is similar issue I don't think it is related. The problem is related to heat/temperature and could be related to the system needing to be cleaned out as dust could have accumulated inside and be causing the system to heat up faster than normal. If that is not the case and you have had it cleaned out, then it could be the thermal paste is no longer working as it did 17 months ago. This would can cause similar symptoms to what you are experiencing as the CPU would heat up faster and would require the fan to be on sooner to compensate.

If you still experience a problem, please contact technical support in your region.

This discussion has been closed.