Fan Noise Problem

asif258
asif258 Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello. 

i have acer aspire E1-571 with windows 8.1. i am facing a problem from a few days. the fan of the notebook give a noise and suddenly for few moments and suddenly it keep silent i mean it gives no noise or sound. is this a problem or something else i am much worried about it plz help me.

Answers

• Timbo
    Timbo Member Posts: 36 New User
    You could try power management.windows key + x. Power. Go to advanced settings. Go to processor. System cooling policy. change to Passive. The CPU is probably being ramped by live tile updates.
  • asif258

thanks dear to reply. its on passive condition. but i am using power saver option and in power saver option its on passive. and in balanced option its on active and passive, so tell me complete procedure so that i can set it. thanks

• AnachroNia
    AnachroNia Member Posts: 40

Tinkerer

The idea of this fan is to reduce the heat in your system. If it starts running at high speed (becomes too noisy) it's because of high cpu load (high temperature). There are lots of ways to reduce the noise but this way your system will run at higher temperatures which can cause permanent damage and shortens the life of your laptop. This 'passive' cooling policy in windows was designed for laptops with low energy cpus like intel atom etc. Or it can be used when you use laptop on battery power.

• asif258

yes when i turn on the laptop it starts with huge fan noise and then become silent and when start using then fan gives loudy noise for a few moments and then become normal. so tell me what can i do to reduce the fan noise any method plz.

• asif258

hy dear can u tell me please how can i overcome my problem....

• AnachroNia
    AnachroNia Member Posts: 40

Tinkerer

Open the laptop and clean it from dust.

Buy a cooling pad.

Your problem is the heat... not the noise.

• ubeyds
    ubeyds Member Posts: 1 New User

No absolutely you are wrong. I have a aspire 8950g. I have the same problem with fan noise and it just began after I upgrade to win 8.1 from 7. And I think a bios update is necessary. 

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Anything is possible, but Windows 8.1 won't damage a fan. 8.1 might make it run faster, thus causing the noise.

I would download the free CoreTemp program which will help you keep an eye on your temperature. And I would buy a laptop fan to put under your machine. Another free solution is to elevate the two back corners of your laptop slightly, which will lower your internal temperature about 5C (about 10F).

This discussion has been closed.