E1-571 trouble

Steve93
Steve93 Member Posts: 1 New User
There are a few problems with my Acer e1-571. The first and most significant is that the wifi drops suddenly and randomly and I go from 'connected' to 'limited' without warning and apparently without reason. My ISP tended to believe (after much investigation) that this was due to the wifi card being incompatible with their router/modem/hub. And it was suggested here that I update my bios to resolve this issue.

I did not update my bios. Instead the laptop crashed, despite my doing everything correctly and although still works, has since encountered various start-up issues, including the fact that it takes ages normally, the laptop also sometimes to go on a never ending circle of updating, restarting and then updating again. In a loop that can last for ages.

Other issues include, taking ages to wake from sleep mode, not logging off when asked (the grey screen that claims it is logging off lasts forever) and other such errors, none which render it unusable but most that make life extremely irritating.

My laptop is well within its warranty, however I am at a crucial stage in my university year and need my laptop almost all the time, so sending it away to be 'fixed' is the last option I really want to choose.

Is there much I can do to either fix these issues, myself or by getting Acer involved? Or is it the case that I need to send it off to be fixed or replaced. Ideally I'd return it and get a completely different laptop altogether but I am afraid that that does not seem to be an option.

Thanks, any help is appreciated,
Steve.
This discussion has been closed.