Display Issue after Windows loads.

Crowe203
Crowe203 Member Posts: 3 New User
I have an Acer Aspire One ZG5 that runs Windows XP. The screen shuts black after Windows XP finishes loading, this started when I hooked it up to my TV so I can watch a movie, but as I was trying to configure the screen I switched an option from system to automatic(right click, personalize, screen didn't allow me to choose to use my TV screen, instead the TV had part of the monitor cut off so I fiddled around with I think the VGA option from systems in the control panel) now it doesn't do anything. I've checked my house and can not find the CD for it, I've followed a video to flash my bios but that hasn't helped, I'm about to give up and probably smash it.

Answers

• silizium
    silizium Member Posts: 239 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

You could try to use the key combination "Windows + P" to iterate over your screen modes. The Windows key on your keyboard is that with the Windows flag on it.

• Crowe203
    Tried windows p and it didn't do anything, the screen is still not working.
  • silizium
    silizium Member Posts: 239 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Try the Fn key and F5/F6. I don't know which of this function keys are exist on your notebook. But this selects the output mode.

• Crowe203
    That took me to a screen that says Safe Mode(w/ Network, Command Prompt), Last known good, start normally. The three safe mode options keep saying: "multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS\System32\DRIVERS or drivers\[different things go here].sys". I'm uploading a video to YouTube via my phone, so it's going to take an hour b4 u can see the issue
This discussion has been closed.