Dead Aspire 5755g i7

LCA
LCA Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi,

As the subject suggests, my i7 5755g suddenly died on me last night and will not power on after. I wasn't doing anything strenuous to it apart from a virus scan and watching a video. After the video played, everything went black, the screen, indicator lights etc. etc. To my knowledge, the battery was fully charged at the time and I was on AC power. It was plugged into a surge protector that had other devices like my mobile phone and desktop PC plugged in; both of which run just fine so I don't think it was a power surge that caused all this headache.

I've tried to disconnect both the AC and the battery, hold down the power button to discharge the capacitors, and leave the unit untouched overnight, but to no avail.

Specs:

i7 2670QM 2.2GHz w/ Turbo Boost up to 3.1GHz

8GB DDR3 RAM

I TB HD

I'm out of ideas, please help. Thank you.

Answers

• LCA

Does this mean no one has ever had a problem like with this particular model?

• Inspiration101
    Inspiration101 Member Posts: 185 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon

Hi LCA,

I have owned one of these before, lovely notebook indeed !  Sorry to hear your's has by the sounds of it "died".

A couple of things you can do and check :

1. Plug in the adapter to the notebook, do you get a battery charging light ?

2. Take out the battery and plug in the adapter, press the power button, does the notebook power up ?

3. Remove the battery and adapter.  Take out all unnecessary components (we just want it to power up first) such as HDD, all RAM except one stick, WLAN card, keyboard, unplug touchpad cable....... all depends how skilled/adventurous you are really, we want to minimise what is plugged in then plug in the adapter and see if we get power up.

If after all the above you do not get power then you will need to contact Acer to get it sent in for repair I imagine.

Hope the above helps and do not forget to follow basic ESD procedures so you do not damage any components !

Good luck !

• LCA

I bit the bullet and opened it up. It turns out the voltage regulator IC died on me. The local Acer service center said up front they don't do repairs for this type of issue, just replacement (the entire mobo). So right now, I'm looking online for suppliers that'll ship me the IC. Most of what I've seen so far will only ship bulk, and the ones that do per piece or small bulk orders haven't been replying (they're mostly China-based)

Thanks for taking the time to reply. Cheers!

• mrsminusur
    mrsminusur Member Posts: 1 New User

I have the the same problem 

Suddenly all black out no indigator glowing, Power indicator remain off if plugged in adapter soccket, 

replaced adapter with a new 19v 3.42 amp one but fail to start the laptop.

Let me know if find any way out.

Since I am a student and lamptop is more than 1 year old Im in big trouble.

How much cost for raparing /replacing motherboard.?

any idea ?

This discussion has been closed.