Cursor will not work

chakari
chakari Member Posts: 2 New User

I am having some trouble with my mousepad cursor. First the laptop froze, keyboard and mouse inputs weren't doing anything so I turned it off and on. When I turned it back on the mouse cursor did not appear. I was able to use the keyboard to navigate through the windows 8 interfaces to restart the computer but still nothing. I bought it a month ago, it has only been used a handful of times. What course of action should I take to get it working again?

Best Answer

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Chakari, try to get into Control Panel and then into "Mouse." For some reason, the settings for your touchpad will be there. If everything is set correctly, try "Device Manager" to make sure that everything is all right.

Answers

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

Chakari, try to get into Control Panel and then into "Mouse." For some reason, the settings for your touchpad will be there. If everything is set correctly, try "Device Manager" to make sure that everything is all right.

• chakari
    chakari Member Posts: 2 New User

I was able to turn on a plug in usb mouse from the control panel for a temporary fix Smiley Happy It turned out I had turned off the touchpad by accidentally pressing Fn+F7. Thanks for your help vince, everything is fixed now.

This discussion has been closed.