Computer crash? Dead?

AaronHolloway35
AaronHolloway35 Member Posts: 1 New User

I purchesed a acer aspier one about a year ago and it is out of warranty. Today as i turned it on and let it load up, it made a little "tick" noise then it completely shut off, and now it will not cut back on. Did my computer just crash on me or do i need a new hard drive? 

Answers

• Vince53
    Vince53 Member Posts: 805 Practitioner WiFi Icon

Aaron, I'm sorry to hear about your problem. Does anything at all happen when you turn it on (lights flash, the Acer screen appears)?  How had it been running before this happened? Can you post the model number?

If it is cold turkey dead, there are several possible explanations, and you'll have to take it to a computer shop.

If any lights turn on, there is a desperation measure that probably won't work, but it's free. Try booting into Safe Mode. If you can, run your anti-virus program.

The click you hear is the result of the problem, not the cause. It is probably the sound of your hard drive shutting down. Your rig might not be able to recognize your OS or your hard drive. The hard drive might be almost dead.

This discussion has been closed.