CD-Rom Drive has a driver problem

emwilkins
emwilkins Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi,

I have an Acer Aspire 5742Z and the CD drive isn't working. It shows I need to troubleshoot which I have but it's not fixing the problem.

Any ideas?

Answers

• Mr_Helper
    Mr_Helper Member Posts: 129 Troubleshooter

Hi,

Is there an error message ?

If yes please write for us

• emwilkins

If I click on Devices and Printers, there is a triangle error box showing against my computer name. If I right click and click on troubleshoot it says there is a problem with the driver for the CD-ROM drive. Reinstalling the driver might fix the problem.

I then click on Apply This Fix, it searches for a short time and then it comes up and says troubleshooting was unable to fix the issues found.

• emwilkins

I've just found this if it helps?

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

• BigT994
    BigT994 Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an Acer T180 and today my CDRom will not work.  I get an error code that says there is a problem in the registry, code 19.  I read elsewhere that someone found a fix for this from Microsoft.  Does anyone know about this?  Is this commom Acer Problem?  Would appreciate any help or ideas.

Thanka,

BigT994

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder

First thing I would try would be to open device manager (Control Panel>Device Manager) and see if there is an entry for DVD/CD-ROM devices. If then open and oubleclick on the device to open Properties.

1) Record any error code shown

2) Select Driver and then Uninstall

3) Reboot and let it think for a while

4) See if the CD is back.

This discussion has been closed.